Monday, April 12, 2010

Back to School

I'll have to say good bye to sleeping in. Eldest has started school again after Easter Break. The one thing I am really excited about though is I can get back into the gym and melt off this extra padding. As I told my cousin a couple of weeks ago, I gotta get ready for my Lands End swimsuit! All the moms out there know what I'm talking about. Maybe one day I'll look like a "real" housewife from Orange County but for now, I'm sticking with the swim dress for everyone's sake!

Because of the rain, it's really a mystery as to when I will be showing off my hot mama bod. Another storm has swept through. On Saturday, the Hubs was able to tear down the quince bush in our backyard. I was pretty sad to see it go, but really the fruit it was producing was small and I didn't quite know how to make it do better. Plus, it was thorny and unsafe for the kids. So, it is now a pile in our backyard. Along with a rose bush that had gotten mixed in. We saved a portion of that and are going to try and have it run along our fence.

For the past few months, on sunny days we've been working on the yard. The only thing now is we have piles and piles of cut down shrubs that need to be hauled away. Our little Vibe can't handle it. This dilemma, along with the fact that we are going to have to make some Craigslist furniture purchases soon, means that it was time for a truck. I'm hoping that Hubs will write soon about his new baby, a 2001 Chevy Silverado. Until then, I will say that he is very excited over our new purchase.

It's back to work for the weekend warriors. Since it's just me in the Youngest, I will be tied down to the home more. I'm trying hard now to make this house my home. Having been injected with the nomadic spirit, Hubs and I have a hard time making a place seem permanent. We are also painfully cheap when it comes to sprucing things up. When given a choice, I would much rather buy a new handbag than a new rug for the house. But, I am trying to get over that a bit. We are here for at least several years, so it's time to hang pictures and get color coordinated towels for the bathrooms. I think it will make me feel better about things.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand how you feel! It's time for us to start getting some nicer stuff for the house, but when we move so much I would rather just get a new Michael Kors purse. :) But I bet the house is looking great! Homeownership is so sexy....no? ;)

    ReplyDelete